If you need help writing your resume you can go to GIL any day between 2-3pm in Room 8 then email to: email@example.com and we can print 10 free copies every day for you 🙂
Grocery Assistant and Fruit & Veg Assistant
SPAR Suffolk Park
About the business
We have two great opportunities to join our great team at SPAR Supermarket, Suffolk Park. It is a family-owned and operated business with a great work environment.
To be successful in the role you need to be energetic and friendly, self-motivated, have great customer service skills and have a good eye for detail.
About the role
Fruit & Veg assistant – 30-40 hours per week (Casual)
Must be available to work weekends
Job tasks and responsibilities;
Unloading of deliveries, some heavy lifting involved
Grocery Assistant – 35+ hours per week
Must be available for 6:30am starts and one late night shift
Mostly Monday to Friday
Unloading of deliveries, some heavy lifting involved
Stock Ordering, Management & Rotation
Assistance with Check Out duties as required
Benefits and perks
Excellent Work Environment
Award Wages including Weekend & Public Holiday rates paid
Skills and experience
Previous supermarket experience essential
Customer-focused & passionate
Highly organized and efficient strong work ethic
Proactive and highly motivated
Excellent communication skills
Reception Position available – Byron Bay Beach Hostel
Our hostel represents all that Byron has to offer. Modern & clean facilities and the hub of backpacker activity – right in the heart of Byron.
Our philosophy is to sell an experience and not just a bed – we aim to surprise every guest with professionalism, knowledge and exceptional customer service.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with lots of confidence, personality, and enthusiasm. The successful applicant will be organised, have a strong eye for detail, be customer-focused, computer literate and pro-actively and effectively able to manage their own shift.
The position works on a rotating roster and the successful candidate needs to be available 7 days a week and for shifts between 7am – 11pm.
You must have:
- A love of the Backpacking Industry & Travel
- A friendly and enthusiastic manner, with exceptional customer service skills
- Experience within the hostel/hotel reception environment is essential
- Experience with the GuestCentrix PMS is highly favoured.
If you think you can help us sell an experience and not just a bed, then this is the job for you!
Casual Retail Store Assistants – Byron Bay
Established in 1978, Okanui was created for people passionate about Escaping the Everyday. Known for creating clothing inspired by our heritage surf beginnings, Okanui continues the tradition as an Australian family-owned business.
We are currently looking for dynamic Casual Sales Assistants to join our team for our new store at Byron Bay. Don’t miss this opportunity to join Okanui on our exciting new journey.
To be successful in the role you will need to possess:
- Outstanding customer service and selling skills
- Demonstrate a passion for the product and convert to sales
- Prior experience in fashion/surf retail preferred but not essential
- Work well in a fast pace environment & be hands on, energetic & vibrant
- Demonstrating a high level of personal presentation
- Have the ability to work in a solo and team environment.
- Have a high drive to achieve and exceed set KPI’s.
- Assisting in maintaining and replenishing stock
- Actively participating in merchandising and preparing stock for sales
Ideally, we are looking for:
- Previous experience in sales/retail
- Knowledge of POS system or similar
- Flexible availability across 7-day trading
- Willing to work on weekends and public holidays
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-motivator with an interest in surf & lifestyle apparel
- An outgoing and friendly personality
- The ability to be proactive and take on new instructions/tasks
We will offer the successful candidate:
- A fantastic work environment
- Generous incentives and staff discounts
- Training and guidance
- A great sense of achievement in providing a great customer experience
- A highly supportive management team
No matter where you’re at in your career, we want to help you excel. If you have a passion for style, a commitment to hard work and love helping customers, we want to hear from you.
If you would value working for a highly respected brand, and are passionate about achieving success with Okanui then we would love to hear from you.
Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years of recent retail experience in luxury or high-end retail
- Outgoing with persuasive communications skills
- A problem solver with a positive attitude
- Ability to develop new opportunities and maintain client relationships
- Exceptional client service skills
- A keen eye for style and fashion
- A background in sales, style, and retail
- Excellent presentation
- Attention to detail and merchandising
- Knowledge of current labels and the industry
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exemplify our selling and service expectations by proactively connecting with clients
- Delivers exceptional client service and maintains strong client relationships
- Provides a smooth and efficient point of sale service
- Enable clients to look and feel their best by providing an engaging experience every single time
- Takes pride in-store presentation
Christmas Casuals – Sales Retail Position
Christmas Casual Sales position
Are you great at sales?
Come and work with amazing people in a stunning environment.
Learn new things, be inspired, discover your unique abilities.
What we need from you
– Genuine Sales/Retail experience of at least 3 years
– Willingness to be part of a dynamic team
– Have a focus on customer connection
– A positive and healthy attitude
– Your own reliable transport
– Flexible with availability and able to work holidays and weekends
Does this sound like you? Apply now to join our Sales Team!
Position is casual and will vary from 2 to 5 days a week.
Availability required December 2019 through to January 2020.
Shifts from 3 hours to 7.5 hours
Crystal knowledge an advantage but not essential.
Part-time Retail Shop Assistant in Byron Bay
A retail shop in Byron Bay is seeking a part-time Retail Shop Assistant (up to 25 hours per week) to join our team.
To be considered for this role you should:
- Be available at least 1 day at weekends
- Have at least 1 year of experience as a Retail Shop Assistant
- Have the right to work in Australia
Car Wash Attendant
Byron Bay NSW
Car wash attendant – Duties will include-
Cleaning and site maintenance
Showing customers how to use equipment
Cleaning wash bays
Traffic direction for cars onsite
Must be able to work under pressure and have a clean and tidy appearance and have their own reliable transport…
Espresso Bar All-rounder (Byron Bay)
Allpress Espresso Byron Bay NSW
Our Espresso Bar is a busy hub where connections are made within the Byron community. We have an uncompromising commitment to great tasting coffee, flavour, and service. We care deeply about our customers and there is an emphasis on consistently delivering exceptional customer service.
What we are looking for is a super friendly, professional and sincere team member who really relishes the opportunity to deliver exceptional customer service. Prior barista experience isn’t necessary; we have excellent in-house training in barista skills and building an in-depth knowledge of all things coffee and Allpress.
Our perfect candidate would successfully deliver the Allpress brand experience and grow brand recognition through the Espresso Bar. Must have the ability to laugh and have a good time whilst prioritising the customer experience. We love what we do – join a team that is doing a great job and bring your skills to the role.
Commercial Cleaner – WANTED – Byron Bay
Barista needed 🙂
Learn English in Byron Bay. Lexis English students study General English, IELTS, FCE, CAE, and English plus Surfing and Yoga in a friendly and professional school right in the heart of Byron Bay and only 15 minutes from the beach.