Yesterday afternoon we all managed to give ourselves a belly ache by over indulging on the chocolate treats that we created.
We started off by making chocolate brownies following this simple recipe:
- 125 g butter
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Quickly whisk in eggs.
- Fold through sifted flour.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 18 x 28cm slab tin.
- Bake at 170C for 25-30 minutes.
- The mixture will seem soft but will harden on cooling.
- Allow to cool in tin before removing.
We also decided to give chocolate chip biscuits a go. All was going well..
Until it was time to take them out of the oven..
Something had gone slightly wrong and we had managed to create one giant cookie pancake.. HAHAHA!
Luckily it still tasted delicious and we all managed to laugh at our epic fail.
With the left over chocolate, we made MORE chocolate biscuits that we shared with everyone in the student kitchen.
What an absolutely delicious afternoon. I hope you have all recovered from the belly aches and sugar highs!