The Easter celebrations continue with more tasty treats ❤
In our Easter Baking activity this week we made Chocolate Brownie with an Easter Twist and Easter Nests! We were also lucky enough to be gifted some lamingtons from our friend Alfred – the Bike Man.
To make the Easter Nests, we first melted chocolate in a bowl and added butter and golden syrup. We then combined the cornflakes to the bowl and mixed until the chocolate covered the cornflakes. It was now time to create the nests. Using a spoon we filled a paper cupcake case with the mixture and added decorations before putting in the fridge to set.
For the Easter Brownie we followed this recipe:
- 125 g butter
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in sugar, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Quickly whisk in eggs.
- Fold through sifted flour.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined 18 x 28cm slab tin.
- Bake at 170C for 25-30 minutes.
- The mixture will seem soft but will harden on cooling.
- Allow to cool in tin before removing.
For the Easter twist, we took the brownie out of the oven after 20/25 minutes and pushed chocolate eggs into it and baked it for a further 5 minutes so they could melt into the brownie! Delicious!
Our creations turned out amazing!! Well done everyone.
Happy Easter and enjoy the long weekend!!