Nicol is 21 and comes to us from the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland. She started with us last October and will be studying with us until the start of February this year. After her time with us in Lexis, she is going to travel further along the East Coast with friends before she returns home.
1. Why did you choose to come to Australia and to Lexis Byron Bay in particular?
I chose to come to Byron because since I was a child, I always dreamed about the Australian life – the beach, the surf… and Byron is the perfect place to realise this dream!
2. What do you remember about your first day in school?
I remember that I was so happy to start here! Everybody was so friendly and everything was so well organised. My last school was too big – here is more personal as everybody knows you and your name 🙂
3. What are your English goals and how is Lexis helping you achieve them?
My goal is to reach a good level of English for work and travels. I think that Lexis is a really good school – every week we are tested to check our progress levels and the teachers really help us and push us towards these goals.
4. What do you like about your classes?
I love the variety! We are not always in the classroom – sometimes we have lessons to do outdoors!
5. You’ve joined many of our free activities. What has been your favourite one so far?
The school organises a lot of activities and since the beginning, I have really enjoyed doing morning yoga every week. The other activities are always loads of fun – I really loved the craft ones, especially making dream catchers. The take-home pieces are great for remembering our time in Lexis!
6. Outside school, what is your favourite thing about Byron Bay?
I love Byron for the lifestyle, the music on the streets, the amazing beach, the public BBQ (which I used every day when my family was visiting in January!). I love that it is a small place but there is always something to do.
7. What would you say to anyone thinking of coming to study at Lexis Byron Bay?
Absolutely come to Byron!! If you are looking for a chilled and amazing place, this is the place!! 🙂
Sushi Making 🙂
Beach games 🙂
We will miss you Nicol! Have an amazing time travelling 😉