Last week to help get us in the festive spirit we had a Christmas themed cooking activity!
To start with we followed the below simple recipe to make bliss balls:
- 1 cup walnuts (100 grams)
- 1 cup almond meal (80 grams)
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa (20 grams)
- 12 dates, seeds removed (180 grams)
- 1 tablespoon honey (30 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Firmly press and shape the mixture into balls. Place in the fridge to set.
- Eat and enjoy.
We then covered them in coconut flakes and icing sugar so they would resemble snowmen. They of course weren’t complete until they had their eyes (chocolate chips), nose (m&ms) and scarf (sour lace) though!
We also created some from marshmallows, even simpler than making the bliss balls!
What they may have lacked in appearance they certainly made up for in taste! The bliss balls were simply delicious!!