It will be extremely busy around town this weekend as thousands descend on Byron Bay for the annual Splendour in the Grass Festival. Bands include Blur and Florence and the Machine and teacher Marie is already there as I write this. If you check http://www.gumtree.com.au and the noticeboards round town, you might be able to pick up some cheap last minute tickets.
We can expect some rain this afternoon, with a high of around 18 degrees. Tomorrow (Saturday) looks better with some sunshine and 21 and Sunday is currently forecasted as cloudy and 22. Night time temperatures are mild at 13-14 degrees. Great for campers.
Going for a Movie?
- AMY (MA15+) – FRI/SAT/MON/TUES 11.15am, 4.15pm, 6.45pm
SUN/WED 4.15pm, 6.45pm
- 2D MINIONS(PG) – WED 9.00am
- GOING CLEAR: SCIENTOLOGY AND THE PRISON OF BELIEF (M) (no free tickets) – THURS – WEDS 1.50pm, 9.00pm
- ANT-MAN(PG) (no free tickets) – FRI – TUES 9.00am, 1.45pm, 8.30pm
- FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD(M) – FRI/SAT/MON/TUES 11.00am, 3.55pm, 6.00pm
SUN 11.20am, 4.00pm, 6.30pm
- INSIDE OUT(PG) – FRI/SAT/MON/TUES 9.00am, 6.20pm
SUN 10.55am, 6.20pm
- LOVE AND MERCY(M) – THU/SAT/MON/TUE 1.25pm
- MAGIC MIKE XXL(MA15+) – THU-WED 11.20am, 4.10pm, 9.20pm
Plus Paris Opera Ballet Screenings – see www.palacecinemas.com.au for more details
Friday 24th July:
The Northern – Dan Hannaford
The Rails – (7pm) The 9th Chapter
The Beach Hotel – (9pm) Laces and Friends
Woody’s – (8pm) DJ Supamaorifella
Saturday 25th July:
The Northern – (3pm) DJ Chris Bradley
The Rails – (7pm) Swamp Stompers
The Beach Hotel – (9pm) DJ Fonzaius
Woody’s – (8pm) DJ Neary
Sunday 18th July:
The Rails – (7pm) Jimi Beavis and Paul Renton
The Beach Hotel – (4:30pm) Method (8pm) DJ Longtime
Byron Artisan Market – Saturday – Railway Park Evening 5pm – 9pm
Bangalow Market – Sunday – Bangalow Showground – 9am-3pm
That’s some of the awesome things to do this weekend so go out and have fun and enjoy!