Marie hails from England, used to be a secondary school teacher in London, and is one of our English teachers here at Lexis English | Byron Bay!
She studied Arabic at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, and spent some time living in the Lebanon where she was able to practice her use of the language.
Marie is incredibly popular as our Elementary teacher, as well as teaching Business English, Movies and Songs and Debate Club in the afternoon Options sessions.
You will also find her running sports tournaments and taking students to the beach on a Friday afternoon, where she has been known to throw herself into volleyball, football, beach cricket and ultimate frisbee!
Here are some things that you might not know about Marie, as well as her top tips for learning English:
– she always wanted to be an Astronomer!
– she thinks that Byron Bay’s best kept secret is the stunning hinterland and farmland surrounding the town.
– at 8 am on a Saturday, you’ll find her running on the beach or eating soft boiled eggs and soldiers (toast cut into strips).
– her dream holiday destination would be island hopping around Indonesia and the Philippines.
– and last, but not least, her English learning tip is…. to have fun! Not only do you learn so much more quickly, but also when you’re relaxed you find yourself speaking a lot more. Crack out the jokes guys.