Get motivated to have fun, fun, fun on Melbourne Cup Day @ Lexis English Byron Bay … dress up, wear a hat – prizes for best hat too! Food, drinks, sweeps and a fun and cheerful afternoon for the race that stops the AUSSIE nation! Races broadcast LIVE all day, party from 2pm in the Student Lounge!
Spoiled for choice this weekend in the Byron Shire, so get out amongst it and enjoy one or ALL of what’s on offer to do:
Byron Bay Surf Festival-various locations around Byron Bay ALL weekend; but kicks off Friday night at The Byron Brewery with ‘Surf Culture Now’ art exhibition opening.
Lots of fun other Surf Festival activities around town too …
Saturday 26 October @ Crystal Castle: www.crystalcastle.com.au/blog/category/peace-project/, the Gyuto Monks will bless the Peace Stupa, 20 months in the making. Free entry. This will be an amazing, spiritual experience and one not often seen in Australia.
Have a go at one of these positions Lexis – ites!
1. The Great Northern requires Bar Staff, Chefs + Security Guards. Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Nanny for before and after school care. 3 shifts per week. Experience and references essential. Email: email@example.com
3. Street Sushi requires a Cook for early mornings. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Restaurant staff wanted: Raes @ Wategoes. Email: email@example.com
5. Little Red Chilli – Suffolk Park requires noodle / grill Chef. Must have experience. From Wednesdays after 4pm. 6685 3522
Jobs in the Byron Shire this week:
1. Chefs & Wait Staff wanted for ‘Your Gourmet Catering’, part time on weekends. Phone: 0439 656 063
2. Casual Door to Door Sales People – Backpackers welcome! Call Lee at Spirit 24/7 now on 6685 7129 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Graphic Designer for the Echo Newspaper. 2-3 days per week at Mullumbimby. Please email: email@example.com
4. Reliable cleaner for small luxury retreat – morning work, minimum 10 hours per week. Phone: 0422 036 770 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Breakfast Chef for EAT@Belongilbistro. Email: email@example.com or phone: 0432 056 003
6. Magic Bus attendant! Fun, energetic people needed who can work the crowd! Phone: 0412 897 567
7. Volunteer work at the Byron Bay Film Festival! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s on in the Byron Shire this weekend?
Friday 5 October: ‘The Medics’ The Great Northern, Byron Bay
Friday 5 October: ‘African Dance Party’ at Coorabell Hall
Saturday 6 October: ‘Sample Food Festival’ Bangalow Showground: 8am – 8pm!
Saturday 6 October: Bass Heavy DJ’s and Midnight Antics at Byron Bay Brewery: 7pm onwards …
Sunday 7 October: King Charles School of Dub at the Beachy from 4.30pm
Artisan Night Markets begin this weekend in Railway park 4-9pm!
Enjoy the surf, sun and fun everyone!