This Friday we said farewell to Momoko,Takashi and Fabian. The lovely Momoko has been here for a month after transferring from Lexis Brisbane. Since arriving in Byron Bay her English has improved greatly and she has also built her confidence through her close relationship with teacher Karen and making many wonderful and inspiring friends. Takashi joined us for only a short visit and is now returning to Japan to start a new job, while Fabian is heading off on round-Australia travels. Goodbye everyone!
A great snapshot of the team here at Lexis Byron Bay!
Today we said goodbye to Sarah who is leaving us to have a baby and welcomed back Yuka who returns from maternity leave. From left, staff are: Paul, Melinda, Sarah, Ginny, Karen, Michelle, Yuka and Toby, and Rose at the front.
Have a go at applying for one of these jobs Lexis students! Goodluck.
1. Volunteers for high profile events. Phone Melissa at CASPA: 02 6621 5446
2. Experienced Casual sales assistant – Homewares and Furniture store Ballina. Apply in writing to The Manager, PO Box 421, Ballina NSW 2478.
3. Hairdresser part time position. Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Experienced Breakfast Chef required @ Belongil Bistro. Email: email@example.com
5. IT User Interface Consultant part time for a Byron Bay based project. Experience essential. Email resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Macadamia Castle requires Sushi Makers 2-3 hours per day. Email applications to: email@example.com
7. Cleaners for Raes @ Wategoes. Upmarket and experienced. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lexis students were lucky enough to see humpback whales breach right up close while kayaking in the Bay this week!
It was a beautiful clear day on Thursday and our students paddled out into the bay for a kayaking adventure. A pod of dolphins joined us for a surf and we were lucky enough to see a whale breach less than fifty metres away from the boats. Amazing!
Longstanding students David and Carmen graduated today after six months at Lexis Byron Bay. Carmen and David both started with very little English and have today graduated at Upper Intermediate level! They are both working here in Byron Bay and hope to make Australia their permanent home. Great work guys!
“Thanks to all the teachers because I’ve been in all the classes. I started in pre-intermediate and tomorrow I’m testing for IELTS!”
“Thank you to all the teachers… I enjoyed it a lot – enjoy Byron and Australia!”
We also said farewell to Stacy, Shohei and Hiroki. Shohei is heading back to university in Japan and Hiroki is off to work on a farm for three months but is planning to come back to school if he is able to renew his visa!
“I’ve met lots of wonderful friends here – I will come back to this school because I love everyone.“
“I enjoyed studying English here because of the very kind staff and students…I wish I didn’t have to go back to Japan!”
“I spent a really nice time here. I will be a farmer for 3 months and if I get another visa, I will come back to study here again… thank you so much!”