So students and fellow ping pong competitors … The Lexis Open is ON! In honour of the Australian Open Tennis Championships … Pick your teams … United Nations!
1. Fed-Expresser’s (perhaps if you are Swiss)
2. Nadal’s Nation (perhaps if you are Spanish or South American)
3. Stosur’s Slammers (perhaps if you are Aussie)
4. Jokovic’s Jokers (perhaps if you are Estern Europena or a comedian)
5. Serena’s Sisters (any of the girls)
6. Tomic’s Terrors (anyone who likes a good battle)
RULES & Teams will be outlined courtside (aka Student Lounge Ping Pong Table) at 2.15pm!
Great Aussie prizes to be won! See you courtside … Cheer squads encouraged!
Come together with the yoga and wellness community for the Evolve Yoga Festival next Saturday 21 January. Evolve is a celebration of yoga, meditation, workshops, discussion groups, music and more, bringing together some of the best teachers from Byron and around Australia. Tickets $20 online at www.evolveyogafestival.com.au or $30 on the door.
American indie rock band Grouplove are playing at the Hotel Great Northern tomorrow night, Wednesday 11 January! Tickets $55.60 from oztix.com.au.
Can you bend a spoon with the power of your mind? Come and learn how with the Space Cowboy! The Space Cowboy is a modern-day showman who performs mind-boggling illusions and death-defying physical acts. His new show ‘Imagination Rules the World’ is showing at the Byron Community Centre this Friday 13th, Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th January. Tickets at the Community Centre or online at http://www.byroncentre.com.au.
1. WAITRESS: Kinoko Japanese Cafe 0416 111 067
2. CLEANERS: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. CHEF AND SALAD HAND: At the Rails Kitchen 6680 9009
4. FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF: At the Beach Hotel byronbaybeachhotel.com.au
As usual, get in quick!