Monthly Archives: January 2012
JOBS FOR STUDENTS
1. Live-in help – child minding and household duties in exchange for low rent and free food! 0401 569 656
2. Cafe all rounder – coffee making skills and customer service for Yellow Flower in Suffolk. This would be a sweeet job!! 0421 034 813
3. Italian Chef – info@slicepizzeria – opposite the beachie!
4. Experienced Cleaner – Fri, Sat, Sun in town 6685 7868
See the Echo for further details! 🙂
It was a stunning day to play in the bay and the Lexis crew had an awesome time with Gaz from Style Surfing down at Main Beach, Byron Bay. Everyone got the hang of it quickly – Hiroko was smiling for the cameras and Christine did some surfing with her eyes closed! Jaume perfected the amazing surfing-the-back-of the-wave trick with awesome photographic results. Well done team – perhaps we have some future pros in our midst!
Birthdays, birthdays, birthdays!
JOBS THIS WEEK
A few jobs for students this week…
1. PROMOTIONAL STAFF wanted to promote products all around the region. This would be a great job for travellers! Must have RSA and ABN. Email CV to email@example.com
2. DRIVERS WANTED! Byron Bay Taxis are looking for more drivers for taxis, coaches and limos. Phone 6685 5008
3. CASUAL NURSERY HAND For planting, weeding, potting etc… Phone 6684 7566
4. AU PAIR to live in with family in Suffolk Park. Child minding duties plus pocket money. Phone 0415 121 250.
Check the Echo for more!!!
Big Day Out and Weekend Fun!
What else is on in Byron Bay and surrounds this weekend?
Music: Friday 20 @ The Northern: Tim Stokes Band, Garrett Kato and Jessamine
Saturday 21 @ Buddha Bar: Kit Bray CD Launch – FREE!
Sunday 22 @ Gold Coast Parklands: The (20th) BIG DAY OUT … still some tickets available from Ticketmaster … www.bigdayout.com follow links to ticketmaster.com.au
Girls Go Surfing Day 2012
Come on Lexis Byron Bay girls! Get out there this weekend for a paddle or a play!
Girls Go Surfing Day 2012 is a national event for girls to learn to surf. Various locations around Australia and Byron Bay. Take a lesson, do a group session, or head off on a surfing adventure with your Sisters! Speak to Sarah or Michelle at Reception if you would like to organise a private or group lesson.
The Lexis Open Byron Bay is on!
1. Fed-Expresser’s (perhaps if you are Swiss)
2. Nadal’s Nation (perhaps if you are Spanish or South American)
3. Stosur’s Slammers (perhaps if you are Aussie)
4. Jokovic’s Jokers (perhaps if you are Estern Europena or a comedian)
5. Serena’s Sisters (any of the girls)
6. Tomic’s Terrors (anyone who likes a good battle)
RULES & Teams will be outlined courtside (aka Student Lounge Ping Pong Table) at 2.15pm!
Great Aussie prizes to be won! See you courtside … Cheer squads encouraged!
Evolve Yoga Festival
Come together with the yoga and wellness community for the Evolve Yoga Festival next Saturday 21 January. Evolve is a celebration of yoga, meditation, workshops, discussion groups, music and more, bringing together some of the best teachers from Byron and around Australia. Tickets $20 online at www.evolveyogafestival.com.au or $30 on the door.
Can you bend a spoon with the power of your mind? Come and learn how with the Space Cowboy! The Space Cowboy is a modern-day showman who performs mind-boggling illusions and death-defying physical acts. His new show ‘Imagination Rules the World’ is showing at the Byron Community Centre this Friday 13th, Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th January. Tickets at the Community Centre or online at http://www.byroncentre.com.au.
JOBS THIS WEEK
1. WAITRESS: Kinoko Japanese Cafe 0416 111 067
2. CLEANERS: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. CHEF AND SALAD HAND: At the Rails Kitchen 6680 9009
4. FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF: At the Beach Hotel byronbaybeachhotel.com.au
As usual, get in quick!