Local highlights this week so you can sample the spirit of summer in Byron.
WEDNESDAY 21 DECEMBER
Open Mic night at The Rails, then head to Woody’s Surf Shack for the chance to win a new surfboard!
THURSDAY 22 DECEMBER
South of God film Premiere at the Community Centre. Documentary featuring local lads Nick Colby and Marlo Dadd on a South American surf safari. Get your tickets here: http://www.byroncentre.com.au/whats-on/buy-tickets
FRIDAY 23 DECEMBER
Much-loved local favourite The Grains at Byron Bay Brewery. Claiming influence from a diverse range of artists, from Bob Marley to The Wiggles, this four-piece band from Byron Bay describes themselves as ‘psychedelic roots’ – a fusion of blues, reggae, rock, indie, ska and surf. With a laid-back vibe and word-class talent, local shows are packed. The word is spreading!
SATURDAY 24 DECEMBER
Smash-it-up Christmas parties at all the cheesy night clubs in town. Harry Healy at the Beachy will probably be the most wholesome good time available.
SUNDAY 25 DECEMBER
Merry Christmas everyone! Eat some BBQ seafood, play some beach cricket, chill out and experience the joy of Australian beach Christmas. Enjoy!
Good vibe summer surf folk band the Beautiful Girls will be playing the Great Northern on Tuesday 3 January. Tix $30 from http://www.oztix.com.au. Get in quick!
Not much this week in the lead up to Christmas, but check these out:
1. DRIVERS WANTED for taxi, coach and hire cars. Phone 6685 5008
2. CLEANER REQUIRED for Saturdays 2-3 hours. Phone Amber 0420347694
3. COCKTAIL BARTENDER for Harvest Cafe in Newrybar. Must have own transport. Phone Tristan 6687 2644
4. APPRENTICE CHEF for Italian at the Pacific email email@example.com
Good luck and remember to check the Echo!
There will be a special Christmas Market this Sunday at the Butler Street market site in Byron Bay. All the usual tricks plus a little bit of extra festive cheer. Great opportunity to pick up gifts for friends and family back home. See you there!
- WOLFMOTHER at the great Northern! High energy Australian rock band returning home after sellout European tours. Check it out if you can get tix…
- RAPSKALLION at the Coorabell Hall – dance it up with the hippie crew to this “concoction of vaudevillian, cabaret, junkyard gypsy blues”
- Nothing stand out this Saturday, but DJ Rhythm at the Beachie could be fun, a bit of reggae at the Rails with Ragga Jump and of course there’s always Ladies Night at Cheeky Monkeys if you fancy a $5 steak (pun totally intended!)
- If you don’t know MANDY NOLAN yet, you should check out her comedy at the Services Club. She is a Byron legend – comedian, author, actress and know-it-all, you’re gonna love her.
- Thrillseekers, head to Woody’s Surf Shack for a chance to win a FREE SKYDIVE!
Have fun in the Bay this festive season!
Christmas is coming and it’s tourist season in Byron. Lot’s of hospitality jobs this week!
1. Bar and floor staff required for Italian at the Pacific (the Beach Hotel). Get onto this – they would be a great employer! 0439 978 787
2.Wait staff and bar staff at super cool bar St Elmo – run by a great couple from melbourne who have two other restaurants in town. Again – get in quick! firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, a couple of cleaning jobs, a farmhand and the usual nude photoshoot ads! Check yesterday’s Echo!!!