Research shows that reading increases your exposure to the English language which increases your vocabulary knowledge which MAKES YOU A BETTER ENGLISH SPEAKER
The research strongly suggests that free reading is one of the best things you can do to bridge the gap from the beginning level to truly advanced levels. Once you are confident reading English you will be more confident writing and speaking English.
- Borrow a book from our library – it is free and works on an honesty system
- If you are a long term student, join the Byron Bay Library. It is free !
- Read the free weekly local newspaper
- Read magazines that interest you – sport, gossip, current affairs etc
Whilst you read:
- Try to interpret new words from the whole meaning of the sentence
- Write down new words in an exercise book and look up their meaning
- Try to use the new words in your conversations.