Are looking for ways to improve your English over the holiday break? Becky, the Director of Studies at our Noosa campus, has passed on some ideas that will help.
Students always ask me how they can improve their English over the holiday break. Here are some ideas.
• Christmas cards.
• Newspapers – local papers are delivered free to every house. keep a ‘new vocabulary’ log-write and down every new word you read
• Magazines and junk mail (also free)
• Borrow a book or two from our library or join the local library – it is free!
• Read the subtitles on your favourite movies
• Keep a holiday diary
• Christmas cards and/or happy new year cards
• Write on your facebook in English and impress your friends
• Movies- always great new films out at Christmas time
• Carol concerts- check your free local paper
• Christmas CDs
• Australians love to chat – start up a conversation with the person next to you on the bus/beach/supermarket queue/bus stop
• Sing Christmas songs with your friends
• Go to a Karaoke Bar
• Check out Website: http://www.volqld.org.au and join a volunteer group
Lastly, don’t forget the great interactive CD Rom that comes with your student text book. Catch up on all those lessons you missed!
Have a great holiday break everyone and remember: Use it or lose it!